Portsmouth News and Events
Planning your Portsmouth trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Portsmouth such as events and attractions, to make your Portsmouth visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Portsmouth, you’ll find everything you need for your Portsmouth holiday on Whats On in Portsmouth.com. Our What’s On Portsmouth guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Portsmouth – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Portsmouth by checking out our News and Events page.
See what's On in Portsmouth. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Portsmouth set to almost triple cruise passenger numbers in 2023. Bringing boost to local economy. A massive expansion in cruise ship passenger numbers is taking place this year in Portsmouth….
KFC wants to open 13 new Hampshire restaurants including in Portsmouth and Southampton KFC has identified 13 locations where it plans to introduce new restaurants. Towns and cities across the…
Portsmouth is No. 10 in Airbnb’s list of places in the UK which people are searching for most. The list is based on recent searches made on Airbnb…
An employee from Covers Timber & Builders Merchants in Portsmouth is getting ready to shave off all 22 inches of his hair to raise money for the charity Sarcoma UK….
Hospices in the south, including Rowans Hospice in Waterlooville, are to benefit from more than £32,000 thanks to a special fundraising campaign by Covers Timber & Builders Merchants. The company,…
1 2 3 … 6 Next »
- ‘We’ve had enough’ - Tattoo studio owner loses sleep as shopfront repeatedly targeted by vandalsby Joe Buncle on January 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
Vandals have repeatedly targeted a tattoo parlour in Southsea by damaging the shopfront and daubing it with obscenities.
- Channel 5's Rich House, Poor House has transformed the life of a Portsmouth mumby Sophie Lewis on January 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
‘THERE are little gems sitting in dirt that have nowhere to shine’ – reality television has transformed the life of a Portsmouth single mum who has gone from living off £86 a week to becoming a businesswoman.
- Clarence Pier Brewers Fayre will be reopening next month after a year of being closed due to Storm Euniceby Sophie Lewis on January 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
BEACHGOERS will have a field day as a restaurant and pub is set to reopen next month – after a year of being closed.
- Gathering planned for first anniversary of Gosport teenager Elin Martin's death - and lighting up of Spinnaker Tower in her memoryby Chris Broom on January 27, 2023 at 8:22 pm
FRIENDS and family of Elin Martin will gather in Gosport to watch the Spinnaker Tower turn teal on the first anniversary of the popular teenager’s death.
- Home secretary Suella Braverman talks with veterans in Fareham at Help for Heroes eventby Joe Buncle on January 27, 2023 at 7:25 pm
Veterans voiced their opinions to home secretary Suella Braverman in a meeting about support offered to those who leave the military.
Star and Crescent
- Book Review: The Hollow Sea by Annie Kirbyby Tom Sykes on December 19, 2022 at 10:42 am
Jackie Green recently picked up a book called The Hollow Sea to study its gorgeous gold lettering […]
- Operation Santa: A Brand New Christmas Musicalby Tom Sykes on December 19, 2022 at 10:33 am
Writing a 21st century family Christmas musical isn’t easy. Performed at the TPS Studio, […]
- Poems by Philip Jeremy Wilsonby Tom Sykes on December 19, 2022 at 10:16 am
Requiem for a Genius* Your mind so quick And slick Faster than a speeding bullet But unable to let […]
- Pens of the Earth: Reconnecting with the Beauty of the Planetby Tom Sykes on December 16, 2022 at 9:47 am
It’s a rare and wonderful thing for a group of writers, amateur and professional, to come […]
- Finding a Market: A New Old Way to Sell Booksby Tom Sykes on December 7, 2022 at 11:02 am
When my novella Missing Words was published by Fairlight Books eighteen months ago, local author […]